How do you get mold out of paper money?
Just so, how do you clean paper money?
How to Clean Paper Money
- Place your old paper money on the clean plastic surface.
- Pour the water in the container.
- Add a small amount of dish washing soap.
- Dip the sponge in the soapy water.
- Very softly wipe the note laterally, from the middle to the edges.
- Be sure not to scrub or aggressively wipe the note to avoid tear and damages.
Additionally, can paper money mold? Mold is naturally attracted to dark, moist places, such as basements, bathrooms and heavily wooded areas. Mold causes damage and deterioration, and it is also bad for your health. The best way to prevent paper currency from developing mold is to keep it cool, dry and away from dark places that naturally contain mold.
Also to know is, how do you get the musty smell out of paper money?
If the documents still smell musty the next day, place the documents on a flat surface and sprinkle talcum powder on them. Allow the powder to sit on the paper overnight. Remove the paper from the talcum powder and use a clean, dry towel to wipe off any remaining powder.
How do you keep money from getting mold in a safe?
Tips for Preventing Mold in a Safe Open the safe every two weeks and let it air out for 20 minutes. Place pictures, valuable coins, jewelry and other delicate items in airtight containers before storing them in a safe. Store a safe in a dry area of a home or building. Avoid high humidity areas, such as basements.