How do you crimp a rj45 without a crimping tool?
Similarly, you may ask, can you crimp rj45 without tool?
There is no way to do a proper crimping without a crimper. This is because when you crimp it, it also push a locking tab which is hard to do with pliers.
Secondly, how do you fix rj45 connectors? Repair a Broken Ethernet Plug
- Step 1: On Broken RJ45 Locking Tabs There are always some Ethernet cables around with a broken tab.
- Step 2: Needed Stuff. Tools:
- Step 3: Find the Right Size of Cable Ties.
- Step 4: Cut the Cable Tie #1 to Length.
- Step 5: Make Its Head Thin.
- Step 6: Bend the Cable Tie #1.
- Step 7: Use the Cable Tie #2.
- Step 8: Done (Almost)
Regarding this, what can I use instead of a crimping tool?
You don't need a fancy tool, crimps are very soft, you can use pliers.
Can I use pliers to crimp?
regular pliers work fine. if you want it to look decent get a small nail or screwdriver in the crease where the parts of the terminal meet. then just crimp them with the nail in place and done.