How do you use an electric crimping tool?
In respect to this, what does a crimping tool do?
A crimping tool is a device used to conjoin two pieces of metal by deforming one or both of them in a way that causes them to hold each other. The result of the tool's work is called a crimp. A good example of crimping is the process of affixing a connector to the end of a cable.
Hereof, are crimp connectors good?
A good crimp connection is gas tight and won't wick: it is sometimes referred to as a “cold weld”. Like the solder method, it can be used on solid or stranded conductors, and provides a good mechanical and electrical connection.
5 Best Crimping Tools for Wires – Reviewed 2020
- Titan Tools Ratcheting Wire Terminal Crimper – Top Pick.
- Channellock Wire Crimping Tool with Cutter – The Runner-Up.
- IRWIN VISE-GRIP Crimp Multi-Tool – Best for the Money.
- WGGE WG-015 Professional Wire Crimp Multi-Tool.
- Amzdeal Crimping Tool Kit for Wires & More.