How do you crimp a phone wire?
People also ask, how do you connect phone wires?
- Cut the wires . Cut one plastic connector (plug) off of each wire, you should used dykes or wire cutters, but if you don't have those a knife or scissors will do.
- Strip the insulation back .
- Properly match the wires .
- Connect the wires .
- Individually tape each connection .
- Tape all the wires together .
Correspondingly, how do you crimp a rj12 connector?
How to Prepare an RJ12 Crimp Connector Cable
- Strip the end of the telephone wire of the plastic outer coating using the modular crimp tool's blade section.
- Strip the color wires, one at a time, using the modular crimp tool.
- Place each wire into the modular plug matching the colors.
- Crimp the modular plug using the crimping tool.
Telephone wiring is color-coded red, green, yellow and black. They are used in pairs for each phone line you have. LINE 1 uses the red-green pair. Line 2 uses the yellow-black pair. The cable is very small, as are the wires inside, and should not be confused with electrical wires, which are much larger.