How do I get the Restoration Hardware look?
- Cover your piece in two coats of Annie Sloan's French linen Chalk paint.
- The second step is to apply a wash of graphite directly over the French linen paint.
- Once that has dried, which may take longer than usual because of the water added, it's time to wax.
- This last step is totally optional.
Besides, what kind of style is Restoration Hardware?
Restoration Hardware Style
- The result of this musing is a series of posts on how to get the Restoration Hardware look for less. So let's start by deconstructing RH style into simple parts.
- RH style has been called the weathered European look. It is very antique and architectural.
- Simply put much of the furniture in RH is reproduction antiques.
Beside above, how do you finish the Restoration Hardware table? “Clear furniture wax can be applied to protect the finish from minor spills. Use coasters or placemats to help prevent marks or stains” and to “Wipe the table clean with a soft, dry cloth after each use.” Their site also says “Care: Wipe using a damp cloth with mild soap and water, followed by a dry cloth.
Similarly, you may ask, what is a cheaper version of Restoration Hardware?
Crate & Barrel : #10 On Stores Like Restoration Hardware Presently, Crate & Barrel is shipping its home furnishing goods and cookware to thousands of international destinations in over 180 countries across 6 continents. In most cases, Crate & Barrel is cheaper than Restoration Hardware.
How do you do a rustic stain?
1: Apply a liberal coat of Black Water Based Wood Stain with a foam brush. 2: Work the stain into the grain with a cloth, then wipe off the excess. 3: We sand the wet Wood Stain immediately, but you can let it dry for easier sanding. Sand off the stain with 150-grit, then 220-grit sandpaper.