How do I get my HVAC license in MA?
- As a fully licensed refrigeration technician, obtain a total of 2,000 on-the-job hours. This is an Feature List Item that is part of an Feature List.
- Complete 100 additional hours of refrigeration training from an approved school.
- Take and pass a contractor's written exam.
Accordingly, how do I get my HVAC license?
Here's how to get HVAC certified:
- Earn a high school diploma or GED equivalent (depends on your state)
- Receive an HVAC certificate from an accredited trade school or program (depends on your state)
- Obtain your HVAC licence from the state you plan on working in.
- Pass certification exams for different types of HVAC careers.
Also Know, do you need a license to work on HVAC? State Licensing Requirements for HVAC Professionals. Many U.S. states require that an HVAC-R technician be licensed before working independently in the field. Some states do not require a license, although in these states the technician may still need to be licensed at the local or municipal level.
Also know, how much do HVAC techs make in Massachusetts?
The average salary for an HVAC technician in Massachusetts is around $58,800 per year.
How long does it take to get a refrigeration license?
HVAC Degree. An HVAC degree is typically completed at a trade school or community college, and it takes on average two years to complete. However, some schools offer accelerated programs that can be completed more quickly. Other schools offer a job-ready certification that can be completed in as little as 15 weeks.