How do I get married in Winchester Va?
- Find a Marriage Commissioner / Wedding Officiant. The Winchester Court House has no residing judge (or Justice of the Peace) that is dedicated to performing weddings.
- Have an ID to Get Your Marriage License.
- Check the Court House Hours.
- No Cell Phones Allowed in the Court.
- Getting Married at the Courthouse is Easy.
Subsequently, one may also ask, how do I get a marriage license in Winchester Va?
You can obtain your marriage license at any circuit courthouse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. If you are getting married here in the Winchester area, you can get one at either the Frederick County or Winchester City Circuit Courthouse which are both located on 5 North Kent Street, Winchester, Virginia 22601.
Furthermore, how do you get married at the courthouse in Virginia? In Virginia, you can apply at any county court clerk's office and the license is valid anywhere in the state.
- You can apply for a marriage license either:
- Both parties must be present when applying/picking up the license in-person.
- Both parties must have a government issued ID with them (driver's license, passport, etc.)
Simply so, can you get married the same day in Virginia?
Couples considering Virginia for their marriage will be pleased to know that there is no waiting period for getting married – you can have your wedding ceremony the same day you get your license. There is no blood test for a Virginia Marriage License.
How fast can you get married in Virginia?
Time Limitations – The marriage must be performed within sixty (60) days after the license is issued. There is no waiting period required between application and issuance of the license and a couple may be married immediately after the issuance of a license.