How do I find colleges?
- Meet with your high school counselor to discuss your college plans.
- Attend college fairs, if possible.
- Actually search for colleges that meet your criteria (keep reading for tips on what to look for).
- Visit as many colleges that interest you as you can.
Click to see full answer
Similarly, you may ask, how do I know which colleges to apply to?
Here are steps you can take to find colleges where you will thrive.
Do Your Homework
- Talking to your school counselor or teachers.
- Checking out colleges' student blogs, if available.
- Contacting college admission officials.
- Asking admission officials to recommend current students or recent graduates to talk to.
Additionally, how do you get a list of colleges to apply to? Here are seven tips that will help you help your teen create a solid college list.
- Start early and have fun. Most college counselors recommend starting the process of looking at colleges during junior year.
- Search with an open mind.
- Keep track.
- Categorize by match.
- Prioritize by fit.
- Talk about money.
- Keep calm and stay open.
Moreover, how do I start my college search?
Quick Guide: Starting Your College Search
- Talk to Your Family. Open up a discussion.
- Make a Wish List. What do you want in a college?
- Get Advice. Talk to a college counselor or your principal about starting your college search.
- Read Your Mail.
- Go to College Fairs.
- Explore Online.
- Visit a Campus.
- Put It All Together.
Where can I find information about colleges?
Here are my overall rankings for the best sites to use in your college search:
- Fastweb. Niche. College Confidential. Peterson's. College Board's Big Future. College InSight. Unigo. College Navigator.