How do I enable ports on my Brocade switch?
- Connect to the switch and log in as admin as described in Connect to the Command Line Interface.
- Issue the portenable portnumber command, where portnumber is the number of the port you want to enable.
Simply so, how do I disable a port?
Blocking ports using Windows Firewall
- Tap on the Windows-key, type Windows Firewall, and select Windows Firewall with Advanced Security from the results.
- Click on Inbound Rules when the firewall window opens.
- Select New Rule from the Actions pane.
- Select Port from the Rule Type listing.
Likewise, what is dual mode in Brocade switch? Dual-mode VLAN ports. Configuring a tagged port as a dual-mode port allows it to accept and transmit both tagged traffic and untagged traffic at the same time. The dual-mode feature allows traffic for VLAN 20 and untagged traffic to go through the port at the same time.
Keeping this in consideration, what is upstream and downstream in Brocade switch?
Any ISL of a switch that takes to the Principal switch is a upstream. Any ISL of a switch that goes away from principla switch is a downstream. All non principal switches are called subordinate switch.
How do I add a port to a VLAN on a Brocade switch?
To add a port to that VLAN, so that traffic across that port is tagged for the specified VLAN, use the tagged ethernet <interface> command. To add a range of ports to a VLAN, use the tagged ethernet <start interface> to <end interface> command.