How can I protect my laptop at college?
- Register your laptop with campus safety. Most colleges and universities let you register your laptop.
- Insure your laptop. You can purchase a separate renter's insurance policy for your laptop.
- Lock it when you're not near it.
- Always keep your dorm room or apartment locked.
- Install tracking software.
Click to see full answer
Correspondingly, how do you keep things safe in college?
These tips can help you keep your stuff safe on campus:
- Secure Valuables. Leaving valuables, like expensive jewelry, at home may be a good idea, says the Insurance Information Institute.
- Register Your Items.
- Keep Your Doors Locked.
- Protect Your Belongings With Insurance.
Subsequently, question is, should you bring your laptop to school? Overall, you should bring your own computer to school because it doesn't limit your usage of technology such as command prompt, Microsoft Office programs, or other apps. Plus, you can use the laptop for extracurricular or non-academic activities as well.
Similarly, you may ask, how do I keep my laptop safe?
The following are four steps everyone should perform to ensure that their laptop can keep their data safe.
- Require a password when logging in.
- Use a password-protected screensaver.
- Encrypt your hard drive.
- Backup your data.
- Keep your system and software up to date.
- Fasten your laptop with a Kensington cable.
Should I lock my dorm room at night?
You should keep your windows locked when you're gone and at night while sleeping. Follow this dorm room safety guideline even if you're not on the ground level.