How can I move my couch by myself?
- Plastic wrap.
- Moving blankets.
- Oversized furniture sliders or a flat furniture dolly (if you live in a managed building you may be able to borrow a flat furniture dolly, otherwise you can rent one from most hardware stores)
- Furniture straps.
Likewise, people ask, how can I move my heavy couch by myself?
Here's the smart way to get that sofa out of your house and onto a moving truck, hopefully without incident.
- Prep the Sofa First. The key to moving most bulky items is to take apart everything that you can.
- Save Your Floors With Furniture Sliders.
- Let a Hand Truck or Dolly Share the Work.
One may also ask, how much does it cost to move a couch? If hiring professional movers for a relocation, you can expect to pay at least $1,000. As mentioned above, the American Moving and Storage Association states that the average cost of a local household move is $2,300, and the average cost of a long distance move is $4,300.
Also to know is, how do you move a couch on your own?
Get the furniture dolly as close to the couch as you can. Use all the manpower you have to lift the furniture piece off the ground, and then either position it directly onto the 4-wheeler, or have a person slide the dolly underneath your piece. Either way, place your couch in the very center of the dolly.
How do you move by yourself?
For advice on making your DIY a bit easier, take a look at these 10 tips below.
- Enlist helpers.
- Rent your moving truck or trailer.
- Start early.
- Use proper moving boxes and supplies.
- Pack an essentials kit.
- Consider renting a moving container.
- Move on a weekend.