How can I make my clothes smell like Downy?
Click to see full answer
In this regard, why do my clothes not smell like fabric softener?
Because they have a tendency to hold moisture, mildew has a tendency to grow. To make sure this doesn't happen and cause your clothes to have that musty smell, wipe down the drum with a household cleaner, and run an empty cycle with hot water and baking soda to help kill any lingering bacteria.
Beside above, how do I make my laundry smell like vanilla? To make your laundry smell fresh without the sheet, grab an old (clean!) sock, dampen it and dab it with two drops of vanilla, rose or peppermint extract. Then, turn the sock inside out and throw it in the dryer with the rest of your clothes. The vanilla will only leave residue on the sock, not your lint trap.
In this regard, how do I get my laundry to smell really good?
Here's the trick:
- Fill your washing machine with the hottest water your clothes will tolerate.
- Add 1 cup of vinegar to water.
- Let your clothes (or towels) soak in there for 10 minutes.
- Rewash your load as usual with detergent, adding 1 cup of baking soda.
- If you wish, use good smelling fabric softener to add scent.
Why don't my clothes smell nice after washing?
To avoid washing machine making clothes smell: try putting a cup of white vinegar into the drum and then setting the machine to spin on a normal cycle without any clothes. Vinegar is a great, natural mould-remover. Clothes smell musty can also be caused by residue in the door rim.