How can I make my chandelier longer?
Click to see full answer
Just so, how do you extend the length of a pendant light?
How to Lengthen a Hanging Light Fixture
- Decide the length at which you want your lighting fixture to hang.
- Buy a chain or a downrod and cut it to the desired length.
- Turn off the power to the lighting fixture by moving the circuit breaker for that room to the "off" position.
Additionally, how do you extend a lamp cable?
- Unplug the lamp and unscrew the bulb.
- Loosen the socket's terminal screws, and remove the cord wires from under them.
- Feed the new wire into the lamp, then split the end so you have about 8cm of exposed conductor.
- Connect the wires to the socket terminal by bending each wire into a clockwise loop.
Also question is, how do you extend a chain and chandelier wire?
How to Extend Chandelier Length
- Stand on a solid and secure surface.
- Remove the chain and wire of the chandelier from the hook in your ceiling that holds it.
- Select a new chain length for the chandelier, and place the chain through the hook to hold the chandelier in place.
- Place the chandelier back in its position gently.
How do you adjust the cord length on a pendant light?
Feed end of the pendant cord through the cap, and cord grip into the canopy. Adjust the fixture height (from bottom of the fixture shade to top of the canopy) by moving the cord up or down. When desired height is achieved, slightly tighten the cap.