How can heat related illnesses be prevented?
Likewise, how can heat stress injuries be prevented?
Suggestions for preventing heatstroke include:
- Drink plenty of water or other cool, non-alcoholic fluids even if you're not thirsty (check with your doctor if you are on limited fluids or fluid pills.)
- Plan ahead.
- Stay cool and keep air circulating around you.
- Eat smaller meals more often and cold meals such as salad.
- Wear lightweight, light-colored, loose-fitting clothing, and a wide-brimmed hat.
- Use a sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of 30 or more.
- Drink extra fluids.
- Take additional precautions when exercising or working outdoors.
Similarly, it is asked, why do I get heat stroke so easily?
One of the most common causes of heat intolerance is medication. Allergy, blood pressure, and decongestant medications are among the most common. Allergy medications can inhibit your body's ability to cool itself by preventing sweating.
When one must be in the hot sun, precautions can be taken to prevent heat stroke. And, the best thing one can do is drink plenty of water to keep hydrated-- before and during. Also, a spray bottle to mist yourself with water can prevent overheating. The sun evaporates water.