How are syndromes named?
Click to see full answer
Also question is, what are types of syndromes?
List of syndromes
- 13q deletion syndrome.
- 17q21.31 microdeletion syndrome.
- 1p36 deletion syndrome.
- 1q21.1 deletion syndrome.
- 1q21.1 duplication syndrome.
- 22q11.2 distal deletion syndrome.
- 22q11.2 duplication syndrome.
- 22q13 deletion syndrome.
Also, what is the difference between a disease and a syndrome? There can be confusion between syndromes, symptoms, and diseases. A disease usually has a defining cause, distinguishing symptoms and treatments. A syndrome, on the other hand, is a group of symptoms that might not always have a definite cause.
In this regard, how are disorders named?
Disorder names are often derived from one or a combination of sources: The basic genetic or biochemical defect that causes the condition (for example, alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency); One or more major signs or symptoms of the disorder (for example, hypermanganesemia with dystonia, polycythemia, and cirrhosis);
What are common syndromes?
- Albinism. Albinism is a group of genetic conditions.
- Angelman syndrome. A rare syndrome causing physical and intellectual disability.
- Ankylosing spondylitis.
- Apert syndrome.
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease.
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia.
- Cystic fibrosis.
- Down syndrome.