What is the difference between common name and Iupac name?
Also question is, what is common name in chemistry?
A common name is defined by the IUPAC as a name that unambiguously defines a chemical, yet does not follow the current systematic naming convention.
One may also ask, what is the common name of NaCl? Sodium chloride
In respect to this, what does the Iupac name mean?
International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry
What are 10 common chemicals used at home?
Common Chemicals found in the Home
- Alcohol ( ethanol ) C2H6O.
- Alka Seltzer* ( sodium bicarbonate¶ )
- Antifreeze ( ethylene glycol )
- Antiperspirant (aluminum chlorohydrate)
- Aspirin®* ( acetylsalicylic acid )
- Baking powder ( sodium bicarbonate¶ )
- Battery acid ( sulphuric acid )
- Bleach, laundry ( sodium hypochlorite¶ )