Can you use infrared thermometer on food?
Click to see full answer
Keeping this in view, can you use an infrared thermometer for meat?
Since infrared thermometers only measure surface temperatures, they are not very effective at gauging the doneness of foods. Only traditional probe thermometers can determine the internal temperature of solid foods.
Also, how reliable are infrared thermometers? An IR thermometer is not very accurate, but it is repeatable when used to measure things with the same emissivity, like molten copper in a foundry. They really don't use emissivity corrections because they are not interested in accuracy, but repeatability.
Considering this, what is the best infrared thermometer for food service?
Top 10 Best Infrared Thermometer for Cooking in (2020) Reviews
- Temperature Gun ennoLogic Dual Laser.
- Etekcity Lasergrip 800 Digital Infrared Thermometer Laser Temperature Gun.
- Fluke 62 MAX IR Thermometer.
- Infrared Thermometer, SURPEER IR5D Digital Temperature Gun.
- Non-Contact Digital Infrared Thermometer.
- ANGGO IR Infrared Digital Temperature Gun Thermometer.
What can I use infrared thermometer for?
Infrared thermometers are ideal for recording fryer oil temperature (350°F), giving you the ability to perfectly gauge when your batter-dipped chicken is ready to fry. Used properly, an infrared thermometer is the perfect tool for helping you shore up air leaks and address poorly insulated areas around the house.