Can you use a circular saw to cut PVC pipe?
Also, what is the best tool to cut PVC pipe?
A hand saw is the most common way to cut PVC pipe, but can be a little messy. You can use almost any kind of saw, but a hacksaw is best as it gives you much more flexibility.
Also Know, how do you cut PVC cleanly? The easiest way to cut smaller-diameter PVC pipe is with a PVC ratchet cutter. This tool can be purchased for as little as $10, and makes light work of cutting smaller (1½” diameter or less) pipe. For cutting larger diameter pipe, use a hacksaw.
Correspondingly, how do you cut a PVC angle?
How to Cut Angles on Pipe
- Measure where you will cut your pipe. Use a speed square and pencil to mark your cutting line.
- Place your pipe into the miter box.
- Insert your saw into the slot of the miter box.
- Slide the saw back and forth across the pipe to cut it.
- File the edge of the pipe to remove rough edges, if necessary.
Will Home Depot cut PVC?
Anyway, regarding your question—Home Depot usually has a miter box and a couple of cheap saws over in the molding section, where customers cut their molding to rough/finish lengths prior to going to check out. These saws will easily cut PVC pipe as well.