Can you swim in San Francisco?
Similarly, is it warm enough to swim in San Francisco?
SF is almost never warm enough for swimming and there are few hotels with pools. Most pools in southern California(Los Angeles) are heated so we swim year round. The water is cool but not cold(usually).
Likewise, can you swim in California beaches? California has a number of other swimmer-friendly beaches in Los Angeles, San Diego, as well as in northern California. A beach in Redondo Beach earned a four-star rating by NDRC. Its two miles of clean water and sandy shoreline makes it an excellent spot for swimming and sunbathing.
Correspondingly, where can I swim in San Francisco?
- Aquatic Park Cove (Beach St & Hyde // Fisherman's Wharf)
- Stow Lake (50 Stow Lake Dr // Golden Gate Park)
- China Beach (490 Sea Cliff Ave // Seacliff)
- Sava Pool (2699 19th Ave // Parkside)
- Mission Community Pool (101 Linda St // Mission)
- Shadow Cliffs (2500 Stanley Blvd // Pleasanton)
Is it safe to swim to Alcatraz?
Approximately 2 mile swim from Alcatraz Island to the St. Francis Yacht Club in San Francisco. This swim is for relatively strong swimmers. You should be able to do this distance in a pool (140 lengths of a 25 yard pool) or during our regular group open water swims in Berkeley without stopping.