Can you style a select tag?
Click to see full answer
Then, can you style select options?
No, it's not possible, as the styling for these elements is handled by the user's OS. MSDN will answer your question here: Except for background-color and color , style settings applied through the style object for the option element are ignored. You can style the option elements to some extent.
Similarly, how do you select a style? Perform one of the following to select the style set:
- Using the Style sets window: Choose Styles > Edit style sets from the menu bar.
- Using the Styles menu: Choose Styles from the menu bar and choose the desired style set from the available options in the style sets area.
Similarly one may ask, how do you style a drop down menu?
Style the Drop-Down List with CSS
- Place the Drop-Down List inside a Container. To begin with, we need a defined area for the select field.
- Increase the Width of the Drop-Down List.
- Hide the Drop-Down Button.
- Refine the Appearance.
How do I select a tag in CSS?
In CSS, selectors are patterns used to select the element(s) you want to style.
|*||*||Selects all elements|
|element||p||Selects all <p> elements|
|element.class||p.intro||Selects all <p> elements with|
|element,element||div, p||Selects all <div> elements and all <p> elements|