Can you put laminate flooring over uneven floor?
Also asked, what is the best flooring for an uneven floor?
If your floor is less than perfect, your best flooring options are carpet, vinyl or linoleum. You might be able to get away with tiles, but you'll have to use a floor leveling product or lots of mastic.
Subsequently, question is, how do you level a floor for a floating floor? Leveling a Concrete Subfloor
- Scrape away any existing flooring or adhesive.
- Use your level to check for high and low spots.
- Grind down high spots using a concrete grinder.
- Vacuum to remove all concrete dust and debris.
- Apply floor leveling compound to any low areas or dips using a trowel.
Subsequently, one may also ask, can you install laminate flooring on uneven floor?
Laying laminate flooring on uneven concrete can cause buckling and loose boars as the floor settles into its new installation. The floor can have an unlevel subfloor and still have a base for a nice laminate floor. Laminate flooring on an uneven subfloor can cause problems and needs to be addressed.
How much does it cost to self level a floor?
A good rule of thumb to estimate is that a self leveling concrete floor will cost around $600-850 per 100 square feet.