Can you password protect a file on SharePoint?
Click to see full answer
Simply so, can you lock a folder on SharePoint?
1.In the document library, hover the mouse over the folder to see the drop down menu. 4. Click the Actions menu and choose Edit permissions. Confirm that you want to break inheritance of permissions from the parent.
Likewise, how do I password protect a file? Microsoft Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10 users
- Select the file or folder you want to encrypt.
- Right-click the file or folder and select Properties.
- On the General tab, click the Advanced button.
- Check the box for the "Encrypt contents to secure data" option, then click OK on both windows.
Herein, how do I create a secure folder in SharePoint?
Create a folder in SharePoint
- Go to the SharePoint site and open the SharePoint document library where you want to create a new folder.
- On the menu bar, click + New and then click Folder.
- In the Folder dialog box, type a folder name in the Folder Name box and then click Create.
How do I make a SharePoint document private?
To make a document or folder private again, you can stop sharing it.
- Select the people icon for the document or folder to open the Share dialog box.
- In the Shared With dialog box, select Can view or Can edit next to the person you want to stop sharing with, and then select Stop sharing.