Can you paint plastic wheel covers?
Regarding this, how do you restore plastic wheel covers?
Using a few simple tools and some specialty paint, you can refinish your hubcaps so they look like new.
- Remove the wheel cover from the car.
- Wash the wheel cover with soap and water.
- Sand the wheel cover.
- Wash the wheel cover with soap and water a second time.
- Place the wheel cover on a few sheets of newspaper.
Similarly, how do you get paint off plastic hubcaps? Carefully remove your hubcaps with special removal tool. Wash your peeling, scratched plastic hub caps completely using fine steel wool and water. Do not remove all of the existing paint from your wheel cover. Rinse and let dry.
Simply so, how do I paint plastic?
Use a fine grit sandpaper to remove any and all shiny surfaces from your item. Be careful not to press too hard so as not to scratch the surface. Plastic is nonporous and removing its shiny surface will help your paint to adhere. Use a soft, clean brush or cloth to remove all dust from the sanding process.
How do you paint plastic wheel covers?
How to Paint Plastic Hubcaps
- Wash the plastic hubcaps thoroughly with dish detergent and hot water.
- Sand over any scratches or surface damage first with 320-grit sandpaper in gentle circular strokes, then follow up with 600-grit sandpaper.
- Shake the can of primer vigorously and spray a light coating over the surface.