Can you grow lemon cypress indoors?
Accordingly, how do you care for a lemon cypress plant indoors?
LIGHT: Indoors, Lemon Cypress should be close to a window where it will receive at least 6-8 hours a day of direct sun. TEMPERATURE: Plants prefer cooler temperatures of 55-65°F. Water when the top 1-2 inches of potting mix is dry to the touch. Be sure not to over water, which can lead to problems with root rot.
One may also ask, how big do lemon cypress trees grow? 16 feet
Regarding this, how do you grow cypress trees indoors?
Indoor Care for Miniature Cypress Trees
- Place the potted cypress tree in an area of the home where it can receive sunshine in the morning and shade in the afternoon.
- Water your miniature cypress tree when it is dry within 1 inch of the surface of the soil.
- Fertilize the mini cypress weekly in the spring with a 10-10-10 formula, applied to moist soil.
How do you propagate Lemon Cypress?
How to Plant a Cypress Tree From a Cut of a Branch
- Cut a portion of a cypress branch, measuring 4 to 8 inches long, using hedge shears.
- Wound the cutting using a razor blade.
- Cut off 1 1/2 to 2 inches of leaves, or needles, from the bottom of the branch cutting using scissors.
- Fill a flower pot with a mixture of one part sand and one part peat.