Can you freeze green tomatoes for frying?
Also to know is, how do you freeze green tomatoes for frying later?
Best Freezing Methods(s):
- For Frying: To freeze green tomatoes for frying, pack tomato slices into containers and separate them with wax paper or freezer wrap. Leave 1/2-inch headspace.
- Unpeeled Tomatoes: Wash and core tomatoes.
- Strained Puree or Juice: Wash, core and cut tomatoes into quarters.
Similarly, how do you preserve green tomatoes for the winter? Store the box of green tomatoes in a cool (50 - 65 F), dry area. An unheated basement, insulated garage, or enclosed porch would work very well. If the temperature is on the cooler end, say 50 - 60, ripening will be slower, and you may have some into January.
Similarly, you may ask, how do you use frozen green tomatoes?
My favorite way to preserve green tomatoes is to slice 1/4 to 1/2 inches thick, pack them into freezer containers with wax paper between the slices. Frozen green tomato slices will keep up to a year in the freezer. Do not thaw before cooking. Just use seasoned cornmeal or flour and fry for a yummy meal.
What can you do with unripened tomatoes?
What to do with your unripe green tomatoes:
- Green Tomato Relish.
- Perfect Fried Green Tomatoes.
- Fried Green Tomato Sandwich.
- Mediterranean Lamb Burgers.
- Fried Green Tomato Parmesan.
- Mexina Salsa Verde.
- Green Tomato and Bacon Soup.
- Green Tomato Pie.