Can you freeze celery leaves for stock?
Likewise, people ask, can you freeze celery leaves?
Freeze in ice cube trays and add to sauces, soups, and skillet dishes for a savory treat. Freeze celery leaves along with the stalks, or dry leaves in a parchment-lined box lid. To freeze celery leaves solo, roll them into a cigar shape that fits snugly in the base of a freezer bag.
Similarly, how do you prepare celery for freezing? Directions to Freeze Celery
- Step 1 - Wash the celery. Pull the stalks of celery apart; otherwise you won't be able to get the trapped dirt out.
- Step 2 - Cut the celery.
- Step 3 - Blanch the celery for 3 minutes.
- Step 4 - Cool the celery.
- Step 5 - Drain the cooled celery and package.
- Step 6 - Put it in the freezer.
Also know, what can I do with leftover celery leaves?
- Use them in stock.
- Make a celery leaf pesto.
- Add them to salads.
- Use them in place of parsley either in the recipe or as a garnish.
- Use to flavor soups and stews.
- Add them to a green smoothie.
- Make Cream of Celery Leaf and Scallion Soup!
Can you freeze celery and carrots for soup?
Yes, but you still need to blanch them first. Because their cooking times may vary, you need to blanch them separately. After that, you can freeze them together.