Can you fix a plastic radiator with JB Weld?
Consequently, will JB Weld work on a plastic radiator?
JB Weld, no matter how good it is, will not withstand the coolant, the heat and the pressure inside your radiator.
Also, can you repair plastic radiators? The only true way to patch a plastic radiator tank is with a true fusion weld. The Radiator Repair Kit enables you to melt pure nylon fill material directly into the base material, creating a seamless, strong repair that will last for the long haul.
Likewise, people ask, how do you fix a radiator with JB Weld?
How to Repair a Radiator With J-B WELD
- Drain your radiator.
- Clean the area where the leak is located thoroughly.
- Mix the J-B WELD.
- Apply your mixed J-B WELD all over the leak area liberally with the wooden tool.
- Replace the radiator plug on the bottom of the radiator and refill the fluid to the appropriate level.
How do you fix a radiator leak with epoxy?
How to Patch a Radiator Leak With Epoxy
- Drain the radiator.
- Thoroughly clean the radiator around the leak. Failing to do so will prevent the epoxy from adhering.
- Apply a cold weld epoxy to the radiator. Epoxies vary, so be sure to follow the directions on the epoxy package for prepping and applying the epoxy.
- Allow the epoxy to cure.
- Refill the radiator.