Can you crimp expansion PEX?
Click to see full answer
Herein, can you crimp PEX?
PEX Crimp Fittings Crimp fittings require copper or stainless steel crimp rings and a PEX crimp or clamp tool. Some manufacturers use O-rings on their metal fittings (manufactured to ASTM 2434 standards) to make the seal with the tubing. Crimp fittings are compatible with all types of PEX tubing, except for PEX-AL-PEX.
Likewise, can you use crimp fittings on Uponor PEX? As I understand it, crimp ring fittings and sharkbites are ok. You shouldn't use the expansion tool on lesser grades of PEX.
Consequently, can you expand Viega PEX?
A representative for Uponor add “Expanding the tubing allows the use of a larger-diameter fitting, which minimizes restrictions and allows higher flow rates. The Viega PEX system uses the PEX-b tubing (although you could also use another brands PEX-a) and a pressed ring securing the PEX to the fittings.
What is the best crimp for PEX?
The 6 Best PEX Crimp Tool In 2020 – Reviewed By Expert
- IWISS PEX CINCH Crimping Tool Crimper for Stainless Steel Clamps.
- SharkBite 23251 PEX Crimping Tool for PEX Pipe.
- SharkBite U701 PEX Tubing Cutter.
- Conbraco Crimp Tool Pex Multi Size.
- IWISS® F1807 PEX Pipe Crimping Tool Kit for 3/8",1/2",3/4",1" Copper Ring with Free Gauge.