Can veterans shop at the Navy exchange?
In this regard, can veterans shop at the exchange?
Thanks to a 2017 rule change, all honorably discharged veterans can shop at the Exchange online, but not on base. Federal law, approved by Congress, sets who can and cannot shop on at on-base stores.
One may also ask, can veterans shop at the Navy Exchange Online? VOSB is the Veterans Online Shopping Benefit. This benefit offers honorably discharged service members the ability to shop via any of the military exchanges' online sites including www.myNavyExchange.com.
Likewise, can veterans shop at the commissary?
Currently, active duty servicemembers, their dependents and retirees can only shop there. With the Commissary opening its doors to eligible veterans and caregivers, there will be newly added costs to their purchases at the commissary as mandated by the DOD.
Who can shop at military exchanges?
- Uniformed-service members (active, reserve or retired)
- All honorably discharged veterans (at online exchanges) as of November 11, 2017.
- Medal of Honor recipients.
- Department of Defense civilian employees stationed outside the United States.
- Authorized family members.