Can I use vinegar on my laminate floor?
Click to see full answer
Keeping this in consideration, does vinegar ruin laminate floors?
Laminate flooring has a protective coating to prolong the life of the floor and reduce stains and damage. While some cleaners may harm this waxy coating, white vinegar does not. White vinegar can even remove adhesive that has stuck to the finish during installation.
Additionally, how do you clean laminate floors without leaving the film?
- Pour 1 cup of warm water into a bucket, along with 1 cup of white vinegar.
- Add 1 cup of rubbing alcohol to the bucket, which will break through the film, without harming the laminate finish.
Subsequently, one may also ask, what is the best way to clean laminate flooring?
It is always best to use cleaning products that are specifically for laminate floors, but if necessary, a teaspoon of unscented clear dish soap or baby shampoo in a gallon of hot water can be used. Be careful not to soak the floors.
How do you get residue off laminate floors?
The proper technique helps cut through the film and leave your laminate shiny as new.
- Sweep the floor thoroughly to remove all traces of dirt.
- Combine 1 cup of white vinegar and 1 gallon of warm water in a bucket.
- Dip a mop into the bucket and wring it out well.
- Wipe the floor clean with a soft bath towel.