Can female problems cause hip pain?
Similarly, what gynecological problems cause hip pain?
Endometriosis (when the uterus lining grows somewhere else) can cause pelvic tenderness, which some women describe as hip pain. Pain from the back and spine also can be referred and felt around the buttocks and hip, Siegrist says.
Furthermore, why does my hip and knee hurt? In this case your pain is usually caused by strained or inflamed soft tissues, such as tendons, and it often clears up within a few days. Long-term hip pain can be caused by specific conditions. If you have a problem with your hip joint you may feel pain in the groin, down the front of the leg and in the knee.
In this way, how do I know if my hip pain is serious?
Ask someone to drive you to urgent care or the emergency room if your hip pain is caused by an injury and is accompanied by:
- A joint that appears deformed.
- Inability to move your leg or hip.
- Inability to bear weight on the affected leg.
- Intense pain.
- Sudden swelling.
- Any signs of infection (fever, chills, redness)
What are the first signs of hip problems?
Symptoms of a hip problem may include:
- pain in the hip joint (usually felt in the groin area)
- referred pain to the thigh and knee.
- reduced range of motion.
- muscle stiffness.
- pain when trying to put weight through the leg on the affected side.