Can a ceiling fan be installed in a drop ceiling?
Thereof, how do you hang a ceiling fan from a drop ceiling?
How to Hang a Ceiling Fan on a Suspended Ceiling
- Wire the base of the ceiling fan to the fan gang box. Drop a plumb line down from the center of the mount, and measure it's position as it crosses the level of the suspended ceiling grid.
- Use your xacto knife to cut a hole in a suspended ceiling tile corresponding to the measurement you've just taken.
Secondly, how do you install a bathroom fan in a suspended ceiling? How to Install Bath Fans in Suspended Ceilings
- Measure the dimensions of the fan housing.
- Cut out the square you marked on the ceiling tile with your drywall saw.
- Place the cut-out tile in the ceiling and remove the tile next to it.
- Install four ceiling wires from the ceiling joists down to where the fan will be located.
People also ask, can I install ceiling fan on false ceiling?
If that doesn't sound claustrophobic, consider the implications; you won't be allowed to install a ceiling fan off a false ceiling in a HDB flat as it'd be too close to the ground (there is a minimum clearance requirement of 2.4m from the lowest part of the fan to the ground).
How do you hang something heavy on a drop ceiling?
Screw a metal hook or plant hanger into a joist directly above. Hang a chain of the desired strength and length from the hook to hold heavier-weight objects, from plants to disco balls. Determine where to cut a hole in the tile for the chain to come through using a measuring tape and pencil.