Where are ODBC connections stored?
Click to see full answer
In respect to this, where is ODBC stored in registry?
- Open the Registry Editor on Windows: Start > Run > Regedit.
- For System DSN, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE (> Wow6432Node) > ODBC > ODBC.
- For User DSN, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE (> Wow6432Node) > ODBC > ODBC.
- Click on the data source name.
- Click File > Export.
- File is saved with .
Similarly, where are System DSN stored in registry? System and User DSNs are stored in the registry. File DSNs, however, are stored as a file with a . DSN file extension. A common use for a file DSN is to provide a data connection for a local application, such as GeniusConnect , Excel or Access.
In this manner, how do I save an ODBC connection?
Locate the "ODBC" folder, right-click on it and select "Export." The Export Registry File window pops up. Type "ODBC" in the "File name" box. Select "Registration Files (*. reg)" in the "Save as type" drop-down box.
How do I copy ODBC data sources from one computer to another?
- Start regedit.exe.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREODBCODBC.
- From the Registry menu, select Export Registry File.
- Select odbc.
- Go to your target machine and browse to the same key in the registry.
- Highlight ODBC.