What's the best way to clean silk flowers?
In this regard, how does Martha Stewart clean silk flowers?
Place a cup of salt into plastic or paper bag, then put a silk flower into it as well. Shake gently for one or two minutes. If you have several silk flowers or plants need to be cleaned, you can repeat the process to remove dust one by one.
Similarly, how do you care for silk flowers? Silk Flower Care
- Display. Keep your beautiful silk arrangements displayed indoors, out of direct sunlight so the colors do not fade. You can place them in water to make them look real, however silk flowers require no watering or feeding.
- Cleaning. To clean silk flowers, simply remove heads from stems.
Accordingly, how do you get silk flowers white again?
Mix 1/2 cup of white vinegar and 1/2 cup of water in a spray bottle. Mist the flowers with the solution and allow it to sit for 15 minutes.
How do you keep silk flowers dust free?
You can get your flowers free of dust and ready for display in minutes.
- Take the silk flowers outside for cleaning so you don't spread dust around your home.
- Brush the flower petals, leaves and stems with a clean makeup brush or toothbrush.
- Fill a plastic bag about halfway with salt or uncooked rice.