What type of Cactus are there?
- Bunny ears (Opuntia microdasys)
- Star cactus (Astrophytum spp.)
- Pincushion cactus (Mammillaria spp.)
- Chin cactus (Gymnocalycium mihanovichii)
- Golden barrel cactus (Echinocactus grusonii)
- Spiral cereus (Cereus forbesii 'Spiralis')
- Rat tail cactus (Aporocactus flagelliformis)
- Sea urchin cactus (Echinopsis spp.)
Subsequently, one may also ask, what kind of cactus do I have?
Indoor cacti tend to need less light and are smaller in size, making them the perfect houseplant.
- Bunny Ears Cactus (Opuntia microdasys)
- Chin Cactus (Gymnocalycium)
- Saguaro Cactus (Carnegiea gigantea)
- Old Lady Cactus (Mammillaria hahniana)
- Star Cactus (Astrophytum asteria)
- Easter Cactus (Hatiora gaertneri)
Also Know, how many types of cacti are there? 2,000 different kinds
Likewise, people ask, what is the most common type of Cactus?
The round type cactus: the most common is the Echinocactus grusonii. In addition to the columnar shape of the Cereus, the other typical cactus shape is round. Among the globular cacti the Echinocactus are very popular and representative, and in particular the Echinocactus grusonii.
What type of cactus grows flowers?
Prickly pear cacti are part of the genus Opuntia. They have modified stems that resemble flat pads, which are the sites where photosynthesis and water storages occur and flowers are produced. The pads of almost all prickly pear cacti are covered with large spines that are actually the plant's modified leaves.