What seasoning is good for cod?
Click to see full answer
Likewise, people ask, what seasoning is best on cod?
Before You Cook It
- Rinse the fish under cool running water.
- Rub the fish with olive oil or other cooking oil to help theseasonings stick to the fish.
- Sprinkle the fish with dried herbs and spices, such as paprika,rosemary or basil, as well as salt and pepper.
Furthermore, what seasoning is best for fish? Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons dried basil.
- 2 tablespoons dill weed.
- 2 tablespoons onion powder.
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder.
- 1 teaspoon celery seed.
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano.
- 1/4 teaspoon dried grated lemon peel.
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Also to know is, what goes well with cod?
5 Best Side Dishes to Serve with Fish
- Grilled or Steamed Vegetables. Flakier fish like fluke, tilapiaand flounder cook best on the grill or in the oven when they arewrapped in foil.
- Potatoes. Potatoes always make a great side dish no matter howyou prepare them—roasted, fried, or mashed.
What is good to Season salmon with?
Mix in your favorite fresh herbs or seasoning mix. Forinstance, add in a couple of dashes of Cajun seasoning or evenItalian seasoning, along with some salt and pepper. After cookingthe salmon, place a pat of the butter on top of thesalmon to melt and flavor it. You could also use blackpepper or citrus zest.