What kind of sander is best for refinishing furniture?
- Makita BO4556K (Sheet Palm Sander) – Top Pick.
- Bosch GSS20-40 – The Runner Up.
- BLACK+DECKER BDEMS600 (Detail Sander) – Best for the Money.
- PORTER-CABLE 382 (Random Orbital Sander)
- SKIL 7302-02 (Detail Sander)
Consequently, is an orbital sander better than a palm sander?
Lower grit, higher power Bigger and more powerful, orbital sanders normally use sandpaper in the 80-160 grit range. Compared to some other power sanders, they are a delicate flower. Compared to the palm sander, however, they are big and brutish. Orbital sanders are a little more expensive than palm sanders.
Secondly, what is the best kind of Sander? Here are the best sanders you can buy:
- Best random orbit sander: DeWalt DWE6423K Variable Speed Random Orbit Sander.
- Best belt sander: Makita 9403 4 inches by 24 inches Belt Sander.
- Best file sander: Milwaukee Bandfile with Paddle Switch.
- Best detail sander: Black+Decker Mouse 1.2 Amp Detail Sander.
Hereof, can I use an orbital sander on wood?
Finish By Hand Hand-sanding after sanding with a random orbit sander is the best way to ensure that your wood won't be marred by stray swirl marks. You can even use one of your discs wrapped around a block. Use the same final grit you used on the sander. Check out 7 pro-approved hand sanding techniques.
What is the best sander to remove paint?
Makita 9903 Belt Sander With the 9903, Makita delivers a potent and beautifully well-made belt sander that is sure to dominate any paint removal task you throw at it. It runs the 3″ by 21″ belt at 1,440 Feet Per Minute, ensuring it can take on anything and the dust extraction is superb too.