What is the region like in France?
Keeping this in view, how many regions are there in France?
Subsequently, question is, what is the land like in France? The geography of France consists of a terrain that is mostly flat plains or gently rolling hills in the north and west and mountainous in the south (including the Pyrenees) and the east (the highest points being in the Alps).
People also ask, what is the best region in France?
Best Places to Visit in France
- Toulouse, the most famous city in the region.
- Languedoc-Roussillon, another of the best places in the country, lies on the coast of the Mediterranean between Provence and Spain.
- The Alsace lies on the plain between the Rhine River and the Vosges Mountains in eastern/northeastern France.
- Atout France.
Which part of France is most popular?
From the cultured cities to the quaint countryside, explore this diverse country with our list of the best places to visit in France.
- Paris & Versailles.
- The Charming Countryside of Provence.
- The Côte d'Azur.
- Mont Saint-Michel in Normandy.
- The Châteaux of the Loire Valley.
- Reims & its Magnificent Gothic Cathedral.