What is the best wood for hardwood floors?
Click to see full answer
Consequently, what is the most durable wood floor?
The most durable hardwood flooring is bamboo. The manufacturing process makes it harder than most common species.
Also Know, what is the best hardwood flooring to buy? Top 5 Brands for Solid Hardwood Flooring
- 01 of 05. Bruce. Bruce. Best for quick availability and returnability.
- 02 of 05. Carlisle. Carlisle. Best for plank sizes.
- 03 of 05. Lumber Liquidators House Brands. Lumber Liquidators.
- 04 of 05. Hearne Hardwoods. Hearne Hardwoods.
- The Woods Company. The Woods Company. Best for reclaimed solid wood flooring.
Subsequently, one may also ask, what is the hardest type of wood flooring?
Generally speaking, the hardest wood for flooring is Ipe (or Lapacho). However, this is very hard to find, due to its rarity. This also makes it a very expensive flooring product. Therefore, more widely available, and hardwearing are Hickory and Maple flooring.
What is the most popular color for hardwood flooring?
While we typically think of oak as a gingery medium brown shade, like the colors found in Colonial and Federal-era rooms, today's homeowners can choose red, white or silver oak as well, making this one of the most visually versatile of all flooring hardwoods.