What is the best paint for ceramic tile?
Consequently, what kind of paint do you use on ceramic tiles?
There are two painting options for tile:
- Latex Paint: Apply one to two coats of a bonding primer that's made to adhere to surfaces such as tile.
- Epoxy Paint: Apply two coats of a two-part epoxy paint that's made for tile and other hard to paint surfaces, such as Rust-Oleum Tub & Tile.
One may also ask, what is the best tile paint? TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Top Pick: Rust-Oleum Universal Gloss Paint.
- Cheapest: International Tile Paint.
- Rustins Quick Dry Step & Tile.
- Ronseal One Coat Tile Paint.
- Blackfriar Brick & Tile Paint.
One may also ask, can you paint ceramic tile?
Most ceramic tiles can be painted, as long as it's not frequently subjected to water or heavy wear. For instance, you can paint tiles on a bathroom wall, but avoid painting tiles that line a bathtub, shower, or that is on the floor or a countertop. Repair chips, cracks and other surface damage before painting.
Do I need special paint for tiles?
There are specific tile paints that can be painted directly on to the tile with no need for primer or undercoat. Alternatively, use a primer followed by water- or oil-based gloss or eggshell for a hard-wearing, water-resistant finish. Wash down thoroughly using sugar soap to remove all dirt and grease.