What is the best homemade fly repellent?
- 4 cups raw apple cider vinegar (where to buy raw apple cider vinegar) OR make your own vinegar.
- 20 drops rosemary essential oil (where to buy my favorite essential oils)
- 20 drops basil essential oil.
- 20 drops peppermint essential oil.
- 2 tablespoons liquid oil (olive oil, canola oil, or mineral oil will work)
Similarly, what is the best natural fly repellent?
Oil Blend Homemade Fly Spray Recipe
- 4 Cups Apple Cider Vinegar.
- 2 Tablespoons Oil like olive, canola, or mineral oil.
- 1 Tablespoon Dish Soap.
- 20 Drops Rosemary Oil.
- 20 Drops Basil Oil.
- 20 Drops Peppermint Oil.
Similarly, is Vinegar a fly repellent? If pesky fruit flies are invading your kitchen, grab a small bowl and pour in a little apple cider vinegar. Vinegar can also be used to make a natural cleaner. If you have flies in a specific area, like drains or plants, then an eco-friendly fly spray is very effective.
Beside above, what smell will keep flies away?
Cinnamon – use cinnamon as an air freshner, as flies hate the smell! Lavender, eucalyptus, peppermint and lemongrass essential oils – Not only will spraying these oils around the house create a beautiful aroma, but they will also deter those pesky flies too.
How do you keep flies away naturally?
How to repel flies naturally
- Fill a glass jar with apple cider vinegar and place a paper funnel in the jar.
- Place 20-25 cloves in lemon halves.
- Put several drops of Eucalyptus oil on ribbon or cloth strips and hang them near doors or windows.