What is the best cat litter for older cats?
Quick Look at Our Top Picks:
- Feline Pine Cat Litter Best Biodegradable.
- Purina Tidy Cats Free & Clean Clumping Cat Litter Best for Odor Control.
Correspondingly, what type of litter is best for cats?
- Clay clumping. Usually made from bentonite, clumping clay litter is easy to clean up and most cats like this type of litter.
- Clay non-clumping. These types of litter are made from clays other than bentonite.
- Crystals. This type of litter is usually made of silica.
- Corn, wheat, and pine.
Additionally, how do I keep my cat from tracking litter? Place a mat or piece of carpet in front of the box. This will remove excess litter left on your cat's feet and reduce the amount of litter tracked through your house. To clean up, simply shake the litter into the trash. You can purchase rubber or plastic litter mats at most stores that sell pet products.
In respect to this, why does my older cat not use the litter box anymore?
Sometimes, health problems like urinary tract infections, diabetes, cancer, or kidney problems underlie changes in litter box use. Many cats become arthritic as they age, and jumping or stepping in and out of a litter box becomes too painful.
How do I keep my house from smelling like my cat?
Keeping Your Home Odor Free
- Use the right cat litter. There are dozens of brands of kitty litter for sale today.
- Clean the litter box frequently. In general, if your cat's litter box smells, then it needs to be cleaned more frequently.
- Use a covered box. Covered litter boxes do a better job at concealing odor than uncovered ones.
- Change diets.