What is the best bird seed for wild birds?
- Best wild bird seed overall: Valley Splendor Black Oil Sunflower.
- Best wild bird seed mix: Wagner's Greatest Variety Mix.
- Best no-mess wild bird seed: Lyric Sunflower Kernels.
- Best bird seed to attract finches: Wagner's Nyjer Seed.
Hereof, what kind of bird seed attracts the most birds?
One may also ask, what is the best bird seed for sparrows? Types Of Bird Seed for Wild Birds
|Type of Bird||Food Preference|
|House Finch||Mixed seed, peanuts, fruit, suet, nyjer, sunflower, safflower,|
|Gold Finch||nyger, sunflower seed, hulled sunflower, millet, fruit, suet, peanuts|
|House Wren||Suet, bread crumbs|
|House Sparrow||Mixed seed, sunflower seeds|
In this manner, what is the best bird food for wild birds?
More videos on YouTube
- White Proso Millet. Millet is a favorite food among ground feeding birds.
- Mealworms. Because of their high fat and protein content, offering mealworms at your feeding station is a healthy treat for many backyard birds.
- Sugar Water (Nectar)
What bird food do sparrows not like?
Make sure to avoid these foods: Cracked corn, millet, black oil sunflower seed, sunflower chips/kernels, and bread. House Sparrows can't resist them! I have heard in the past that House Sparrows don't like safflower or shelled peanuts very much.