What is dough in slang?
Also to know is, why is dough slang for money?
“Dough” as slang for “money” is an American coinage dating back to the mid-19th century (“He thinks he will pick his way out of the Society's embarrassments, provided he can get sufficient dough,” 1851). “Dough” in this sense appears to be based on “bread,” also intermittently popular slang for money since the 1930s.
Additionally, how do you use dough in a sentence? dough Sentence Examples
- Stealing papa's dough, I guess.
- "I'm not sure I can keep the dough," Fred answered.
- When we saw the dough, we both damned near flipped.
- He looks around for a place to stash the dough and start a new identity.
- She quickly whipped up pancake dough and placed a large iron skillet over the fire with some lard in it.
In respect to this, what is another word for dough?
Synonyms. bread dough intermixture mixture pastry pastry dough flour concoction.
Does DOE mean money?
Salary DOE means that the salary depends on experience of the candidate. A similar term is DOQ which means salary depends on qualification. Be careful with DOE job offers with small companies where they only can fill one position.