What is difference between jig and fixture?
Then, what is the jig used for?
A jig's primary purpose is to provide repeatability, accuracy, and interchangeability in the manufacturing of products. A jig is often confused with a fixture; a fixture holds the work in a fixed location. A device that does both functions (holding the work and guiding a tool) is called a jig.
One may also ask, what is a template jig? A template jig is generally considered to be the simplest type of jig. It is basically a plate with a number of holes placed in a predetermined location to aid in the quick manufacture of drilled parts. It may also have a simple contour that is easily followed with basic hand or power tools. Drill Template.
Furthermore, what are the advantages of using a jig?
Advantages of Jigs and Fixtures:
- They improve productivity.
- It gives rapid production work.
- It reduced manufacturing costs.
- Complex and heavy components can be easily machined.
- Owing to high clamping rigidity, higher speed, feeds and depth of cut can be used.
- Jigs and fixtures are increased machining accuracy.
What is jig short for?
Jig, an insulting word for black people (shortened form of "jigaboo.")]