What is a3 thinking process?
Correspondingly, what is a3 in Lean Thinking?
A3 problem solving is a structured problem-solving and continuous-improvement approach, first employed at Toyota and typically used by lean manufacturing practitioners. It provides a simple and strict procedure that guides problem solving by workers.
Additionally, how do you make an a3? Steps of the A3 Process
- Step 0: Identify a problem or need.
- Step 1: Conduct research to understand the current situaion.
- Step 2: Conduct root cause analysis.
- Step 3: Devise countermeasures to address root causes.
- Step 4: Develop a target state.
- Step 5: Create an implementation plan.
- Step 6: Develop a follow-up plan with predicted outcomes.
Besides, what is the purpose of an a3?
The purpose of the A3 Report is to: Document the learning, decisions, and planning involved with solving a problem. Facilitate communication with people in other departments. Provide structure to problem-solving so as to maximize learning.
What is an a3 diagram?
Basically, the A3 process is a structured template for solving problems in a continuous matter. The A3 approach is also known as SPS, which stands for Systematic Problem Solving. This approach is based on the principals of PDCA (Plan, Do Check, Act).