What is a back tab valance?
Click to see full answer
Simply so, how do you make back tab valances?
- Step 1: Measure & cut the fabric. To determine the length to cut your main fabric, add 10” to your desired finished length.
- Step 2: Make the tabs. Cut 4.5” x 6” pieces for the tabs.
- Step 3: Pin fabric and lining.
- Step 4: Sew the sides & bottom.
- Step 5: Sew top & tabs.
Furthermore, what is a hidden tab top curtain? Curtains with tabs on the upper, back side can be hung at least two ways. You can slide the rod through the tabs, and in some cases you skip using the tabs and opt for rings with clips. Back tabs are strips of fabric which are sewn onto the curtains, creating a row of hidden loops.
Also to know, what is a back tab curtain?
Back tab curtains, also called hidden tab curtains, have tabs or loops sewn onto the back of the curtain header. The rod slips through the tab so that neither is visible from the front. This gives the illusion of the curtain floating in space and creates an elegant, clean line.
How do you make a loop curtain?
- Determine Tab Length. Fold a strip of fabric over the curtain rod and pin the length you want your tabs to be.
- Cut 'Em Out. To determine how many tabs you'll need, put one at both outside edges of the curtain.
- Finish the Panel Edges.
- Attach the Tabs.
- Attach the Facing.
- Press the Facing.