What does hostess with the mostess?
Just so, is it hostess with the mostess or mostest?
Re: hostess with the mostess It should have been "hostess with the mostest." "Mostest" is a made-up word, emphasizing most -- the most "most" -- a lot of everything.
Likewise, what is another word for Hostess? nounairline host or hostess. airline steward. airline stewardess. cabin attendant.
Thereof, where does the phrase hostess with the mostest come from?
It comes from The Hostess With The Mostes' On The Ball, a song in Act I of the 1950 Broadway musical Call Me Madam, originally sung on stage by Ethel Merman. Ethel Merman played Sally Adams, a rich socialite widow who gets appointed the ambassador to the fictional country of Lichtenburg.
How can I be a great hostess?
10 Etiquette Rules for a Happy Hostess
- Set a specific start and end date for the visit.
- Be a prepared hostess.
- Ensure everyone's comfortable.
- Don't make friends feel like intruders.
- Make your home visitor-friendly.
- Show your guests the essentials.
- Help everyone get around.
- Share your family's schedule.