How do I get my Ford Fusion out of park?
- Turn the vehicle engine on.
- Rock the vehicle with your foot off the brake.
- Press the brake down when you have rocked toward the hill a bit. You want to “catch” it with the brake at the right time.
- Apply light pressure to the shifter. You don't want to break the shift linkage.
Herein, what causes gear shift to stuck in park?
An open circuit in the shift interlock electrical system can cause the shifter to become stuck in Park if the open circuit interrupts communications between the brake light switch or the ignition switch and the interlock solenoid. If power is present, the shifter interlock solenoid is bad.
Secondly, how do I fix shift lock release? How to Release a STUCK Shift Lock Release
- Engage the emergency brake / parking brake.
- Find the shift lock override slot.
- Insert a key, nail file, or screwdriver into the slot.
- Press the brake pedal while you are pressing down on the override,
- Shift gears as you normally would.
Additionally, do Ford Fusions have transmission problems?
FUSION: Owners of Ford Fusions have also reported issues that can be traced back to a defective transmission. These include rough gear shifting and shaking of the entire car, often when shifting into first gear. The Fusion has become an extremely popular car, and we hear continuous complaints about its performance.
How do you put a Ford Fusion in neutral when dead?
Insert your key into the ignition; turn it to the "On" or "Acc" position. Depress the brake pedal completely. Move the shift selector to neutral.