What does clean as you go mean in the kitchen?
Regarding this, what is a clean as you go policy?
A clean as you go policy is a cleaning strategy used to minimise risks to hygiene, health, and safety. There are two types of cleaning under the clean as you go method: urgent and non-urgent. Urgent cleaning is anything that may pose an immediate risk to health, hygiene, or safety, such as a spillage.
Furthermore, what is Caygo? C.A.Y.G.O., which stands for Clean As You Go, is my mantra whenever I'm in the kitchen.
Keeping this in view, why do we need to clean the kitchen?
It is important to keep your kitchen clean because the food you produce is going into people's bodies. The possibility of getting someone sick is always there and a responsible manager will do whatever it takes to maintain an environment that is safe for preparing food. Cleanliness is just the beginning, really.
What are the six stages of cleaning?
Cleaning and disinfection generally consists of six steps:
- Pre-clean – remove excess food waste by sweeping, wiping or pre-rinsing.
- Main clean – loosen surface waste and grease using a detergent.
- Rinse – remove loose food waste, grease and detergent.
- Disinfection – kill the bacteria with disinfectant or heat.
- Final rinse – remove the disinfectant.
- Drying – remove all moisture.